AVERTEX Utility Solutions Inc. has been contracted by Bell Canada to complete the preliminary relocation work that is associated with the rebuild of the Argyle St bridge. This work includes underground cable vault rebuilds, underground conduit replacement and installation, placement of new cast-in place cable vaults, directional boring work and new cable installation. This work is going to take place both North, South and West of the current Argyle St bridge. The anticipation is that the civil work for this project will be on-going in different staging areas for approximately 5 months starting in late November.
The first stage will require a road closure of Wigton Street at Argyle Street. The closure will affect northbound access to Argyle Street at Wigton Street. Southbound access to Wigton Street from Argyle Street will be unaffected. Work is planned to start during the week of November 18th and continue until December 20th, with the potential of continuation on January 9th until January 24th. Between December 20th and January 9th the northbound lane will be open to normal traffic. Below follows a list of specific items that will be affected during this time;
- Recycling and Garbage pick-up will be at 7AM. AVERTEX will move the containers from residents living on the east side of Wigton Street to across the road for pickup. Please ensure your containers are labeled with your address number. Containers will be moved back by AVERTEX at the end of the day.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained during construction.
- Construction equipment and material will be occupying the NB lane of Wigton at Argyle.
- All residents and buses will be required to leave Wigton St heading Southbound.
- Access to residential driveways will not be disrupted
Should you have any specific questions relating to this closure please contact:
AVERTEX Utility Solutions Inc.
Project Manager, Municipal Infrastructure
Haldimand County, Engineering Services
Phone: 905-318-5932 x6406