AVERTEX Utility Solutions Inc. has been contracted by Bell Canada to complete the preliminary relocation work that is associated with the rebuild of the Argyle St bridge. This work includes underground cable vault rebuilds, underground conduit replacement and installation, placement of new cast-in place cable vaults, directional boring work and new cable installation. This work is going to take place both North, South and West of the current Argyle St bridge. The anticipation is that the civil work for this project will be on-going in different staging areas for approximately 5 months starting in late November.
The second stage will require a lane shift and parking lane closure on Argyle Street between the bridge and Caithness St, this work is planned to start on January 13th and continue until the end of February. Below is a list of specific items that will be affected during this time;
- All parking spaces will be closed on both sides of Argyle from the bridge to Caithness St.
- Recycling and Garbage pick-up will be at 7AM. AVERTEX will move the containers from residents/businesses on Argyle Street to Caithness St for pickup. Please ensure your containers
are labeled with your address number. Containers will be moved back by AVERTEX at the end of the day.
- Public Garbage receptacles will be removed for the duration of the project.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on both sides of Argyle St during construction.
- Construction equipment and material will be occupying the NB lane of Argyle St just North of the bridge.
- Access to residential driveways will be maintained
- Construction staging area will be setup in Caithness Municipal parking lot
The third stage of work, which is to include a directional bore below the Grand River, will be executed from within the Municipal Parking lot near Kinsmen Park. During this time parking spaces will be utilized, and construction staging fences will be erected. Pedestrian access will be maintained and parking in the North and West sides of the lot will be unaffected. This work is scheduled to take start on January 13th and continue till late March.
Should you have any specific questions relating to this closure please do not hesitate to contact:
Andrew VanSpronsen – Project Manager
AVERTEX Utility Solutions Inc.
Lloyd Rollinson – Project Manager, Municipal Infrastructure
Phone: 905-318-5932 ext. 6406