HALDIMAND COUNTY, ON – Haldimand County’s Pools will open for the season on Saturday, June 19!
At the pools, the safety protocols have been updated to reflect Stage 1 of the Province of Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen. These include:
- Reduced bather loads to 25% to comply with social distancing;
- Advance reservations for recreational (public/fitness) swims and registration for instructional programming through the County’s online booking system;
- Participants are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes before the start of a reservation/registered program for sign-in and screening and to ensure participants benefit from maximum available swim time;
- Participants showered and dressed for swim prior to sign-in (i.e. at home); dressing rooms will not be available to change;
- Leaving valuables at home as participants will have to bring and leave their items on the pool deck during their swim;
- Walk-ups will only be considered if space is available; and,
- Social distancing protocols must be adhered to by participants before, during and after swims.
Reservations for public/fitness swims will be accepted on a week-by-week basis; participants are asked to limit the number of slots they book in one day to ensure the maximum number of participants possible can enjoy recreational swims.
Registration is now open and residents may book free public/fitness swims, using the County’s online registration system (link.haldimandcounty.ca) or by calling Haldimand County customer service at 905-318-5932.