Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Building Applications, Forms & Fees - Haldimand County

Building Applications, Forms & Fees

Building Division Timelines

Haldimand County Building Division is experiencing a higher than normal volume of Building Permit Applications, as well as general building, property and zoning inquiries.  Due to the increased activity levels and a temporary staff shortage, wait times for these services may be longer than normal. In particular, the review and issuance of Building Permits is expected to exceed the normal 10 day period.

Haldimand County Building Division is committed to providing the best service to each of our customers, while taking precautions during this unprecedented time.  We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this period.


To apply for a building permit ONLINE, click the Online Permit Application button below.  This is will take you to our Online Application Portal (Cityview).  Once you have registered as a user (under Register) you will be able to apply for a permit (under Apply for Building Permit).  Initial requirements of the application are noted within the application form.   You may save the form at anytime during the process and return to it within 30 days.  Please see the forms page for any required documents needed.

Once you have submitted your application, it will be reviewed by a Building Services Team member.  Any status updates can be viewed by logging into your portal account.

In this portal, you will be able to apply, upload documents, pay fees, check the status of your permit and request inspections.

Building Services staff will be available to assist the public to apply online at the Haldimand County Administration Building- 2nd floor at our public kiosks.    Electronic versions of required documents can be brought to the office on USB stick.


Once an application has been initially reviewed by a Building Inspector, they will calculate the applicable fee(s).  Fees are payable at this time.  Once the fees are paid- a Building Inspector will complete a final review and any Developement Charges will be payable prior to issuance.

Applications submitted on the portal can be paid through your portal account. (under my cart)

Fees can also be paid in person by cheque, debit or credit card at the Haldimand County Administration Building- 53 Thorburn Street South, Cayuga ON N0E 1E0- 2nd floor.

Or by mailing or dropping off a cheque (drop box at the rear of the building) to the above noted address clearly indicating the building permit pending application number.

Building Division Fees and Service Charges.  Fees are calculated based on total square meter of construction.

Permit Related Fees & Charges

Required Drawings & Plans

  • Completed and detailed construction drawings (electronic)
  • Complete drawings in Foundation Planview, Framing Planview, Section Planview, elevations (all sides) Planview
  • Site plan- A copy of a survey or plot plan clearly showing measurements of lot, yards, location of proposed building, setbacks and any overhead or buried site and utility services (Haldimand Navigator is the County’s Geographic Information System and may be of assistance in determining the location of the property).

Forms Available in Area Offices Only

  • On-Site Sewage System Permit Application
  • Certification of On-Site Sewage System
  • Structural Addition Evaluation

If you require further explanation of the application forms and which ones are applicable to your project, please contact a Building Inspector in a Building Division office in your area.

Other Agency Approvals

(when required and received PRIOR to submitting the building permit application)

Construction Near Streams or in Flood Prone Areas

Grand River Conservation Authority (519-621-2761) or
Long Point Conservation Authority (1-888-231-5408) or
Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority (905-788-3135) or

Construction Affecting Designated Heritage Buildings

Heritage Haldimand (905) 318-5932 ext 6346 or

Construction in Close Proximity to Intensive Animal Operations

Ministry of Agriculture & Food (519) 826-3100

Construction Setbacks and Entrance Permits on Provincial Highways

Ministry of Transportation 1(800) 265-6072

Construction Requiring Environmental Compliance Approval

Ministry of Environment 1(800) 461-6290