Parking regulations in Haldimand County are regulated under 2 separate Parking Bylaws.
General parking regulations are provided under Bylaw 307/02 (as amended) and are enforced daily, all year within Haldimand County.
Winter Control parking regulations are provided under Bylaw 302/02 (as amended) and are in effect between November 15 and April 15 each year within Haldimand County.
The most common parking violations include parking a vehicle:
- For more than 48 consecutive hours on any street
- On or over a sidewalk
- On boulevards, whether paved or grass (including the area between the sidewalk and street)
- Within 1.5 metres of a fire hydrant
- In prohibited areas
- Facing the wrong direction on the street
- Parking of heavy vehicles is prohibited on any highway, street, road, etc. Heavy Vehicle is defined as a motor vehicle (but does not include an authorized County vehicle):
- Having a carrying capacity in excess of one ton, or
- Any vehicle having a registered gross weight in excess of 3 629 kg (8 000 lb), or
- For which the permit fee under the Highway Traffic Act is based on the weight of the vehicle and load, in excess of 3 629 kg (8 000 lb), or
- Which exceeds 6.4 metres in length, or
- Which is a tow truck, or
- Which is a bus, or a bus converted into a mobile home or used for commerical purposes.
- In a space designated for disabled persons, without displaying a Ministry of Transportation disabled person’s permit.
For winter parking restrictions, please refer to Winter Control Parking By-Law 302/02. This bylaw is in effect November 15 to April 15 of any year on designated streets.
Pay a Parking Ticket
- Most parking offences have a lower fine voluntary payment (paid within 7 days) and a set fine payment (paid within 15 days).
- Please ensure that you are paying the correct amount and that you sign Section 1 or 2 on the back of the ticket.
- Payments can be made by:
- Mailing your ticket in an envelope with sufficient postage affixed with a cheque or money order made payable to HALDIMAND COUNTY in the appropriate amount to:
- Haldimand County By-law Division
282 Argyle Street South
Caledonia, ON N3W 1K7
- In person between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., by cheque, money order, credit or debit at Haldimand County Offices.
*Please note that parking tickets CANNOT be paid online at this time.
Failure to Pay Parking Tickets
Failure to pay the fine imposed upon conviction will result in your Ontario Vehicle Permit not being renewed and no new permit being issued to you until the fine and all court costs and fees have been paid.
For more information please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions about Parking Bylaws.
Make a Complaint or Inquiry Regarding Parking
If you would like to make a complaint or an inquiry regarding parking, please contact a Bylaw Enforcement Officer located in your Enforcement Area at (905) 318-5932 or submit the online complaint/inquiry form below.