Please be advised that the Council of the Corporation of the Haldimand County will consider amendments to the current User Fee Bylaw for Building Services. Moreover, whereas Ontario Regulation 332/12 requires the County to hold at least one public meeting to inform the public of the introduction or change in a permit fee under Section 7 of the Building Code Act.
Please be notified that such Public Meeting will be held on:
Thursday, February 22, 2024
2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Haldimand County Administration Building – Grand Room (53 Thorburn Street South, Cayuga)
The public meeting will include a question and answer period relating to the following proposed fees:
- Greenhouse Fees- Current fee is $1.88 m2, maximum fee of $5,881 is proposed to be eliminated.
- Administrative Fees (Flat fees) – Proposed wording change, no proposed fee change- current fee is $182.00 and $88.00 for each submission beyond the third submission.
- Current wording – “Where a non- compliant is submitted above and beyond the first resubmission.”
- Proposed wording – “Where a non-compliant is submitted above and beyond the first resubmission and/or resubmission after permit issuance.”
- Reinstatement of Permit – Proposed fee is $325.00
When permits have been issued but have not commenced or reached substantial completion within one (1) year of issuance, and work is being requested to reinstate the permit to start work after one (1) year.
The increase in Building Permit Fees will provide for cost recovery of Building Division services as is required by Bill 124, changes in legislative requirements and administration of zoning, application and development proposals. Development Charges are not included as part of this process.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting the Project Manager, Building and Municipal Enforcement Division by e-mail or phone at 905-318-5932 ext. 6436.