Construction on Haldimand County’s new administration building is wrapping up and the new building will be open to the public for full service on February 25, 2020. Staff from the County’s satellite offices will be permanently relocated to the new Haldimand County Administration Building at 53 Thorburn St. S in Cayuga during the month of February. Satellite offices across Haldimand will close on the dates listed in the chart below. We look forward to serving you there!
Office relocation details
|Haldimand County Caledonia Centre Administration Office|
100 Haddington St., Caledonia
|HCCC administration office will close at 12pm on Friday, February 7, 2020|
|Dunnville Satellite Office|
117 Forest St. E., Dunnville
|The Dunnville Satellite Office will close at 12pm on Friday, February 21, 2020|
|Caledonia Satellite Office|
282 Argyle St. S., Caledonia
|The Caledonia Satellite Office will close at 12pm on Friday, February 21, 2020|
|Kohler Garage / Office|
1162 Kohler Rd., Cayuga
|The Kohler Office will close at 12pm on Friday, February 21, 2020|
|Hagersville Satellite Office|
1 Main St. S., Hagersville
|The Hagersville Satellite Office will close at 12pm on Friday, February 21, 2020|
|Cayuga Administration Building|
45 Munsee St. N., Cayuga
|The Cayuga Administration Building will close at 4:30pm on Thursday, February 27, 2020|
Other key dates & information
- Starting February 21, ‘myHaldimand’ or ‘myHC’ community hubs will also be open for use at all local libraries. ‘myHC’ community hubs are computer and information stations designed to connect residents with County news, information and access to online services. For residents who are not familiar with online services offered, such as paying taxes or water bills online, library staff will be available to provide guidance on how to utilize them. Additional 24/7 online services (such as applications for certain permits) will be introduced in the near future.
- All administrative offices, with the exception of the existing Cayuga Administration Building (45 Munsee St. N., Cayuga), will be permanently closed as of Friday, February 21 at 12pm. Residents who require in-person service between Friday, February 21 at 12pm and Tuesday, February 25 at 8:30am may visit the old Cayuga Administration Building.
- The first Council in Committee meeting in the new Haldimand County Administration Building is expected to be held on Tuesday, March 31.
- Court will begin operating in the new building as of Wednesday, March 4.
- In order to complete the move & configuration of IT infrastructure to the new building, a brief e-mail, phone, network and County website outage will occur on Friday, January 31 at 4:30pm for approximately 24 hours. Though County administration will be closed during this outage period, libraries and Grandview Lodge will be affected. Residents who need to contact their local branch will need to visit in-person during this brief outage. Grandview Lodge staff will have an emergency phone available in case there is a need to contact or update family of a resident’s condition.
- Service enhancements that residents and contractors will experience immediately in the new administration building will be the provision of full day permit application intake, general inquires and building inspections (Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm). Other service enhancements will be implemented over time as new technologies are implemented. Inspection requests can be made by calling 905-318-5932 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. As of February 25, building inspections received prior to 3:00 pm will be scheduled for the next business day.
You can learn more about the new Haldimand County Administration Building and centralized service delivery model at HaldimandCounty.ca/HCAB. Or, contact 905-318-5932 / e-mail email@example.com for more information.