Join a team of professional staff dedicated to serving the community through the provision of high-quality and sustainable services. Haldimand County offers its employees a diverse selection of fulfilling and challenging careers, from summer employment to executive level opportunities. Learn more about Haldimand County and apply for positions below.
Working in Haldimand County
Haldimand County’s diverse urban and rural communities offer an outstanding quality of life in a friendly small town atmosphere. Home to the waters of Lake Erie and the renowned Grand River, Haldimand County provides a picturesque setting for many recreational pursuits.
More Than a Paycheque
At Haldimand County, we strive to support the long-term health and well-being of our employees, families and communities. When you work for us, you’ll enjoy many rewards and benefits in return for your dedicated service.
Haldimand County’s competitive salaries are complemented by:
- Stat Holidays Above Employment Standards
- Flexible Work Hours
- Free Employee Parking
- Mileage Reimbursement
- % in Lieu of Benefits for Part-Time employees
- Benefits for permanent Full-Time staff
- OMERS Pension Plan enrollment for permanent employees
- Paid Memberships in Professional or Peer Associations
- Uniform and Safety Boot Allowances
- Casual Dress Fridays
- Learning and Tuition Assistance Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for all permanent Part-Time and Full-Time employees
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Retirement Gift
Haldimand County employees receive different benefits depending on their employee group. To learn more about the full benefits for each employee group click on the group’s benefit booklet below.
Haldimand County Collective Agreements are created to establish and maintain harmonious and respectful relations between the Corporation of Haldimand County and its employees.
FSEAP provides employees and eligible family members with access to free, professional and confidential counselling, coaching and consulting services. These services help employees manage personal, family or work-related concerns and to become more resilient.
At Haldimand County we recognize the value that great employees bring to our workplace!
- Each year we hold an Employee Long Service Awards Presentation where employees are honoured at a county-wide event. Employees are rewarded with a gift of their choice.
- On an on-going basis individuals or teams are awarded with the County’s “Pick-Me-Up” Truck. This little token is passed around in acknowledgement of a job-well done.
- Our CAO Newsletter, circulated to all staff on a continuing basis, focuses on achievements by staff, council and the community. It often features photos or stories congratulating employees on their success
Below you will find salary schedules for Haldimand County staff, including CUPE, ONA, SEIU, and UFCW unionized workers, Non-Union employees, Volunteer Firefighters, and the Mayor and Council.
Current Job Postings
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with the Corporation of Haldimand County.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please let us know in advance.
|Roadway Maintenance Workers, Winter Control||September 24, 2019||Click Here to Apply|
|Student Page, Caledonia Library Branch||September 23, 2019||Click Here to Apply|
|Public Health Inspector||September 16, 2019||Click Here to Apply|
|Dietary Aide / Cook||Click Here to Apply|
|Personal Support Worker||Click Here to Apply|
|Registered Nurse||Click Here to Apply|
How do I apply?
Resumes and cover letters can be sent to the Human Resources division by mail, email, fax or drop off by 4:30 pm on the last day of the posting. Please clearly note the job posting number and the title of the position you are applying for. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process, therefore applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Haldimand County Human Resources Division
45 Munsee Street North, Cayuga, ON, N0A 1E0
Tel: 905-318-5932 Fax: 905-772-3541
– Submit resumes and cover letters in one PDF or word document.
– We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
– Only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
– You will receive a confirmation e-mail if you apply for a position electronically through the careers mailbox.
– Skill testing is required for most positions. Medical testing is only required for Paramedics, Fire Fighters, and positions at Grandview Lodge Long Term Care Home.
– Average time to fill a vacancy is 6-8 weeks. Please keep in mind that we may encounter challenges along the way that increase this turn-around time.
Explore These Other Opportunities
Grandview Lodge Careers
The Grandview Lodge team provides a meaningful life for residents with comfort, compassion, and care. Would you like to join a dedicated team of hardworking professionals who provide a caring environment for individuals living in a long term care environment?
Fall/Winter positions are advertised through August and September and will be advertised in the local paper and on the Employment & Careers webpage.
Co-op placements are available. These placements are up to the Division Manager to coordinate. Interested students should contact the County Division that they are interested in. For general information you can contact the HR Help Desk at email@example.com.
Haldimand County offers Family Day, March Break, and summer employment opportunities to students who are enrolled in school or who are returning to school in the Fall.
A student is defined as:
- A person between the ages of 15 and 24 who is currently enrolled in a post-secondary program, and;
- Who is enrolled in school and will be returning to school in the Fall
The summer application for student positions becomes available starting in December and the posting period remains open until the end of April.
Click here to start the Student On-Line Application process