In the fall of 2021, Council approved an additional flagpole to be established at the Haldimand County Administration Building, adjacent to the existing three flagpoles flying federal, provincial and municipal flags. The additional flagpole will accommodate the flying of community flags, upon request. Local charitable and non-profit groups can submit a request through the application form online.
A brief overview of the process is noted here, and for all the details, please refer to the Flag Protocol Policy 2004-05:
• charitable and non-profit groups will be required to submit a request for a flag raising at least four weeks prior to the date, along with a brief description of the nature of the flag raising
• requests will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis
• requests will be reviewed to ensure that they have a presence in Haldimand County and that they do not fall within any of the exceptions outlined in the policy i.e. political or religious nature; promotion of hatred, violence, racism or discrimination; commercial nature, etc.
• flags will be supplied by the community group and must be of the appropriate size
• flags will be flown for one week, with the possibility of a longer timeframe where other requests have not been submitted
• when an application is submitted, applicants should receive an acknowledging email, and if not, please contact email@example.com to follow up
Current Community Flag Being Flown
The flag currently being flown is in celebration of Pride Day which will take place on Saturday, May 28th at McKinnon Park in Caledonia. For more details, visit https://www.facebook.com/haldimandnorfolkpride/.