Report By-Law Infractions
Reporting By-Law infractions, complaints or inquiries can be done by one of the following methods:
- By phone during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm): (905) 318-5932
- By phone after hours (complaints for noise, parking, open-air burning, and discharge firearms) by contacting the O.P.P.: 1-888-310-1122
- Online using the By-Law Enforcement Complaint/Inquiry Form
- Drop by in person at a County office
If you’d like to notify us of a Tax Information Change for a property then please use the form below!
Haldimand County has contracted the Welland & District SPCA to provide County-wide Animal Control services. If you wish to make a complaint with respect to animal control, including animals at large, sick or injured animals (and wildlife), animal cruelty or barking dogs, please contact the Welland & District SPCA.
If you encounter a wild animal that you suspect may have rabies, follow the steps below & contact appropriate parties listed.
Suspected rabid wildlife that is alive or injured with no known human or animal contact – contact the Welland & District SPCA OR report the incidence to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Rabies Hotline: 1-888-574-6656.
Potential Human Exposure (e.g. animal bite, scratch) – Report the incident to the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit at 519-426-6170 / 905-318-6623, or 1-877-298-5888 after hours.
Potential domestic pet/animal exposure with no human contact (e.g. pets or livestock fighting with wildlife) – Contact your veterinarian to assess the risk to your animal(s). Veterinarians seeking additional assistance with assessment or management can contact the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs’ Agricultural Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300.
Suspected rabid wildlife that is deceased with no known human or animal contact – Report the incidence to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Rabies Hotline: 1-888-574-6656.
Haldimand County, in cooperation with County sports associations, is committed to providing a safe and encouraging environment at recreational facilities and playing fields. The County has implemented a Public Conduct on County Property Policy.
- Ensure that everyone acts in a respectful and sportsman-like manner.
- Eliminate violence and anti-social behaviour in facilities.
- Ensure a safe and encouraging environment.
For more information, click here.