Following the federal government’s declaration of a public holiday and National Day of Mourning in recognition of Queen Elizabeth II’s passing, Haldimand County will also recognize and observe September 19 as a one-time public holiday as a gesture of respect to the country’s Head of State.
County facilities will be operating under statutory holiday hours and closures, with limited exceptions.
- Haldimand County Administration Building – CLOSED
- Haldimand County Public Libraries – CLOSED
- Arenas – OPEN (no room rentals prior to 4 p.m.)
- Canborough Waste Management Facility – OPEN with regular hours
- Grandview Lodge – OPEN with normal operating hours
- Museums – CLOSED
There will be no impacts to garbage and recycling curbside collection.
All facilities will reopen as usual on Tuesday, September 20.