April Poetry Contest Official Rules
The 2022 April Poetry Contest submissions should be inspired by the theme: BACK TO NATURE.
- Entry into the April Poetry Contest is FREE!
- All poems must be original works in English that have not been previously published.
- Each poem must have entry form/cover sheet attached.
- Name of the poet or identifying information must NOT appear anywhere on submitted piece of work.
- Title of the poem appears at the top of the page.
- Poems are typed or neatly printed on standard 8 ½ x 11 paper.
- Submissions in cursive handwriting will not be accepted.
- If poem is more than one page long, each page must be numbered.
- Entries are to be no longer than 100 lines.
- Submitted poems will not be returned, so please make a copy before submission.
- Entrants must give permission for the Haldimand County Public Library to publish their poems.
- Winning entries may be slightly edited for spelling and grammar before being published without the author’s prior approval.
- Participants must reside in Haldimand County.
- Participants may enter more than one poem, but each poem must be accompanied by its own attached, entry form/cover sheet.
- Winners will be determined by a panel of judges. All decisions are final.
- Poems can be submitted one of two ways:
(1) in hardcopy at any of the Haldimand County Public Library Branches during regular library hours. Branches are located in Caledonia, Cayuga, Dunnville, Hagersville, Jarvis and Selkirk. Check our website for branch hours!
(2) in digital copy through the web form below. Digital copies of the poems will be accepted in the following file tyoes: doc, docx, pdf, and pages.
- Poems must be submitted by April 30th.
- Faxed or emailed submissions will not be accepted.