- Community Art Gallery: Art Connects Us! Calling all Haldimand County artists: showcase your stay-at-home creations and let your expressions have a positive impact on our community! Art engages us, moves us, and helps bring us together. Submit a picture of a piece of your artwork that you have made since March 13, 2020. The artwork can be of any kind, in any format: paintings, sculptures, mosaics, needlecraft, photography, drawings, … or even mashed potatoes! Let your creative juices flow and be expressive! Submit a piece of you artwork now!
- Alzheimer Society free online learning opportunities, using Zoom, to help family and friends enhance their knowledge of dementia and learn about long term care options.
- Alzheimer Society activity kits, created by the Society’s Public Education Team can be enjoyed by both you and the person living with dementia you are supporting. Find trivia games, puzzles and plenty of fun, interactive activities for everyone!
- Laughter Yoga Join the Alzheimer Society Thursdays at 10:00am, through Zoom, to participate in some fun, engaging yoga exercises!
- Book Clubs: No sessions during closure period.
- Crafternoons: No sessions during closure period. Check our YouTube channel for recordings of Katrina’s online demonstrations of easy crafts you can do with stuff you already have at home. Katrina is busy recording while we’re closed, so watch for demos added regularly.
- Healthy You Series: All programs cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- Knitting Clubs: No sessions during closure period.
- Library Living: No sessions during closure period.
- Roots to Branches Club: No sessions during closure period.
- Scrabble Club: No sessions during closure period.
- Therapy Dog Visits: No sessions during closure period.
- Amateur Radio Night: Want to talk to astronauts in the International Space Station? Want to talk to people around the world without the use of phones or Internet? Like experimenting with electronics or interfacing radio transmitters with your computer? Amateur radio may be for you. Come and join us during a free drop-in. Program postponed until further notice.
- Author Visits: Nick Tooke’s April 4th visit has been postponed and will be rescheduled. Allen Kitchen’s April 25th visit at the Caledonia Library has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
Operations During Closure
While the library branches remain closed, we ask that you contact us about programs using the online email request form below. We will regularly monitor our emails during this period to respond to any questions and to process any requests for access to the library’s online databases. If you email to request a database access card, please include your full name and home mailing address with your request.