Haldimand County is making changes to how we list business information!
Haldimand County is phasing out YLM listings by the end of March and will now be using listings from Google. YLM listings were used on Haldimand County’s website.
YLM listings required businesses to update their information. Over time the information has become out-dated and inaccurate.
All businesses should ensure they have an up-to-date Google business listing in advance of this change.
How to get a Google Listing:
Even if you have never created a business listing on Google, one may exist for your business.
- On the Google search bar (via Google Chrome search engine or type google.com in your browser), type in your business name.
- If a box pops up to the right of the listings on the screen with your company information, you already have a business listing.
- It is important to “claim” your listing by clicking “Own this business?” and following the instructions, if you haven’t already claimed your business.
- If you don’t have a Google listing – create one here
- Download a Google Business Listing Info Sheet
Note: It may take several days for changes/additions to be approved by Google before becoming live.
If you require help to create a Google Listing, or if the mapping feature on Google is not accurate, we are here to help you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you.