It is not necessary to obtain building permits from Haldimand County’s Building Division to perform the following work:
- Demolition of farm buildings
- Detached accessory structures – measuring 10 square meters (107 square feet) in area or less *
- Eavestroughs and downspouts
- Fences – other than for swimming pools *
- Kitchen cupboards – removal and replacement
- Landscaping – that does not alter the drainage of the lot
- Non-loadbearing/structural repairs or renovations (no impact on the structure)
- Painting and decorating
- Shingles – installing on an existing roof
- Window – replacement of same size window in same location
* Please contact a Building Inspector in your area prior to construction for more information regarding specific zoning requirements.
If this list does not include the specifics of your project, or if you are unsure if a Building Permit will be required, please review the details of the work with a Building Inspector in your area prior to construction.