The Economic Development and Tourism division is the Haldimand County marketing arm for both business and tourism activities.
Marketing to commercial, industrial, and manufacturing businesses, to encourage relocations and expansions.
- Exhibiting and participating in events to encourage Retention, Expansion and Relocation of businesses to Haldimand.
- Development of Community Profile information
- Developer & Industrial Requests for Information
Supporting Haldimand businesses through local marketing campaigns and programs.
- Online Marketplace – shopping portal to Haldimand businesses for online purchases
- Christmas Wish Book – promoting handmade and gift ideas for local shopping
- Real Taste of Haldimand – promoting local restaurants
Promoting Haldimand farmer’s markets, attracting residents and visitors to shop for locally grown foods.
- Farmers Market webpage – featuring hours and vendors
- Print advertising – The Sachem and Haldimand Press
- Social Media promotions – in-season campaigns, contests, and Christmas markets
Working with tourism businesses to create unique experiences that can be promoted as destinations.
- Ontario’s Southwest Experience Development
- Ontario’s Southwest Signature Experience Program
- One-on-one coaching with Haldimand experience development coach
Supporting Haldimand businesses through social media and print marketing campaigns.
- Paid Social Media ads, Print ads, and Guides targetting driveable day, weekend, and week-long trips to key tourism assets such as:
- Cycling / Trails
- Grand River and Lake Erie activities i.e. Boating, Fishing, Kayaking
- Culinary experiences
- Farm experiences and Farmers Markets
- Dedicated Tourism Website
Partnering to promote Haldimand to new audiences, through new channels and increasing reach.
- Ontario’s Southwest – photoshoots, visiting bloggers/vloggers and travel writers, advertising opportunities, and website content
- Destination Ontario – website and campaign content and tourism business partnership opportunities
- Partnering with Chambers and BIA’s to bring tourists to our towns and villages.