Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility By-law Complaints and Inquiries - Haldimand County

By-law Complaints and Inquiries

Looking for information about making by-law complaints and inquiries? You’ll find it here. Municipal Law Enforcement staff will respond to all valid complaints that they receive, as well as general by-law inquiries.

How Do We Handle Complaints and Inquiries?

  • Complaints and inquiries can be made by telephone to Municipal Enforcement staff at (905) 318-5932, online (click button below) or in person at Haldimand County Administration Building
  • A valid complaint must be accompanied by full and legitimate details for the complainant (full name, address and telephone number) for verification and follow-up purposes.
  • Anonymous complaints will NOT be accepted or investigated.
  • Complainant information is protected under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will remain confidential.
  • Valid complaints will be documented and then investigated by Municipal Law Enforcement staff for violations.
  • If violations are found, Municipal Law Enforcement staff will proceed with action to gain compliance

Make an online complaint or inquiry regarding:

  • Animal Control
  • Noise
  • Parking
  • Property Maintenance – Clean Yard
  • Property Maintenance – Property Standards
  • Property Maintenance – Weed Control
  • Property Maintenance – Zoning
  • Signs
  • Winter Control


Complaints regarding flyers can be directed to the flyer distribution companies directly.  These companies are list here.