If you’re looking for the Uniquely Haldimand Photo Contest Official Rules & Regulations, this is the place to find them. Also learn about Prize Awards & Conditions, and who to contact with any questions or concerns.
Uniquely Haldimand Photo Contest Official Rules & Regulations
- Photographs can only be submitted online during our published call for submissions – October 15 to December 1, 2018.
- Haldimand County’s photo contest is open to the public, including amateur and professional photographers.
- A limit of 5 photos will be accepted per photographer and each photo will require a separate entry form and be uploaded one at a time.
- All photos must be original, taken by the entrant and depict a scene from within the boundaries of Haldimand County.
- Photos cannot be previously published in any manner, nor entered in any other contest.
- Photos must not infringe on copyright or other intellectual property rights and must be relevant to the contest.
- Photographs must not be more than two years old.
- All submissions must be in high resolution format (jpg, gif, png, or bmp) with a maximum size of 30MB.
- Entries must be submitted online – no prints, copies or other formats will be accepted.
- Every digital photo submitted must be accompanied by a fully completed entry form and any required Model Release Forms. Please include a caption, location and make note of any interesting facts about the photo that may not be otherwise obvious to the judges.
- By submitting a photo to this contest, the photographer agrees to give Haldimand County the exclusive, irrevocable right to use, edit, reproduce, publish and transmit the submitted photo and information provided throughout the world in any media, website, publication, advertising / marketing / promotional materials and electronic media without any additional compensation.
- Additionally, each entrant will grant permission to Haldimand County to contact them, using the contact information provided on their entry form, regarding any matters related to the photograph they have submitted.
- If there are identifiable individuals in the photo, it is the entrants’ responsibility to obtain, prior to submission of the entry, a signed model release form. If any individual is under the age of 18, a signed model release form must have the signature of the individuals’ parent or legal guardian. Photos that are not accompanied by such release forms are ineligible.
- Photos which include people must depict those individuals in a positive manner. All photos, irrespective of whether or not they contain people must not be obscene, indecent, depict violence or any discrimination.
- The photographer agrees that he/she will not permit the submitted photo to be used by any other entity, without the written consent of Haldimand County.
- The contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated in the applicable court.
Prize Awards & Conditions
- Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- One Grand Prize
- One Second Place Prize
- Two Honourable Mention Prizes
- Photos will be reviewed by an independent panel of judges and are reviewed without identifying information. Judging is to take place in December following the close of submissions.
- By entering this contest you agree to submit any required personal information and accept that information may be used in disclosing contest winners on our website and in other publications.
- Please see our Privacy Statement for more information on how we store and use your personal information.
- If deemed necessary, the panel reserves the right to change the submission category.
Contest Contact Information
Questions? Concerns? Trouble uploading photos?
Coordinator, Strategic Initiatives
Phone: 905 318-5932, ext. 6309