All requests to purchase County-owned property must be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Offer to Purchase County Owned Land – Confidential”, addressed to the Property Coordinator, Haldimand County, 1-117 Forest Street East, Dunnville, Ontario, N1A 1B9 and must include the following:
- Complete legal description for the property(ies).
- Purchase price and any financing consideration relating thereto. HST shall be in addition to the purchase price.
- A brief description of the intended use for the property(ies).
- The identity of the principal owner of the corporation, if Buyer is an incorporated body.
- A deposit (“upon acceptance” provision is acceptable).
- All required conditions as outlined below.
- An irrevocable date of no earlier than 60 days from the date of the offer.
- A completion date of no earlier than 90 days from the date of the offer.
- All necessary signatures to bind the offer.
Conditions Required to be Included in All Property Offers
The Buyer(s) are responsible for their own investigation of the lands, permitted uses, etc. Haldimand County does not make any representation or warranty whatsoever of the fitness or condition of the property(ies) nor with respect to any fixtures, chattels, on the property(ies). Property(ies) will be sold by Haldimand County on an “as is/where is” basis without regard for environmental issues, state of repair, location of structures or fences, and the Buyer(s) agree to sign a waiver confirming this. The property(ies) will remain subject to any judicial, municipal or any other governmental bylaws, agreements, restrictions or orders affecting or regarding its condition or use, including deficiency or any other work orders.
The Buyer(s) has relied solely on their own inspection of the property(ies) and that of their advisors, if applicable. This includes, but is not limited to, the fair market value of the lands, survey of the lands, site inspections and requirements related to use of the property. The Buyer(s) has not relied on any description of the property provided by Haldimand County.
The Buyer(s) agrees that, upon an Offer becoming firm, and prior to the required bylaw(s) being passed by Council authorizing the sale, that the County will be required to notify the public of the sale(s) including, but not limited to, the name of the buyer(s) and the sale price.
Haldimand County reserves the right to reject any offer that does not include the requirements stated above.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.