Each summer Haldimand County provides fun and excitement for children aged 4 and up years through our summer day camp programs.
Our summer camps feature:
- Highly-trained and creative staff
- A low child-to-staff ratio
- Inclusion opportunities for children with special needs
- Extended care opportunities for mornings and afternoons
- Camp HaldiFUN: Camp HaldiFUN is where your child will want to be this summer! Our enthusiastic Camp Counsellors will ensure that each day is filled with a variety of fun and exciting activities. Campers will be in groups with children of similar ages, staying busy as they enjoy active games, songs, swimming, crafts, outdoor activities, special events and much more, all geared for their age group and interests. Camp HaldiFUN offers a different weekly theme, so children can participate in the fun all summer long!
- Camp Centre Stage: Camp Centre Stage will provide campers with the opportunity to experience the thrill of live performance while having fun and learning different aspects of theatre, such as singing, acting, dancing, costumes, make-up and set design. Through role-play activities, improvisation exercises and other activities, campers will develop their self-confidence and self-esteem as they work as a team to create, produce and star in their own live production for family and friends to enjoy the last day of camp. In addition, campers will have the opportunity to participate in a number of outdoor recreational activities throughout the week, such as swimming, active games and crafts, as time and interest within the group permits.
- Camp Sports of All Sorts: This fun and active camp will provide sports enthusiasts with the opportunity to learn and experience a variety of sports offered near and far. The skills required will be developed and enhanced through drills, practice and games, both indoors and outdoors, while also developing other important attributes of sport such as team building, cooperation, sportsmanship and responsibility. In addition, campers will enjoy many other fun activities such as swimming, games, crafts and special events.
- Camp Creative Campers: Unleash your child’s imagination this summer! Camp Creative Campers provides children a wonderful introduction to several forms of visual art. Each day brings a new project that may include drawing, painting, printmaking, or sculpture. Campers will use art and creativity to connect with the community. All materials are provided.
- Camp Funtastic Wednesdays: A chance for children to participate in a weekly trip or special event. Offered in conjunction with Haldimand County Summer Camps.
- Leadership Initiative: Leadership Initiative…building tomorrow’s Leaders! If you are ready to challenge yourself and grow through responsibility, then the Leadership Initiative is the summer program for you. With sessions on communication, teamwork, identity, professionalism and goal setting, the Leadership Initiative will challenge participants to develop your personal leadership qualities. This program focuses on strong leadership skills, self-confidence and active listening, which are the first steps to becoming a great Leader. Participants will have the opportunity to earn Babysitting and Emergency First Aid with CPR B certifications.
Check out our one-day options!! If your child loves camp but is not able to participate the full week, this is the perfect option! Pick and choose which days work best for you. This option is all about scheduling flexibility!
Registration for summer camp programs begins May 15th of each year.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Haldimand County is a registered member of HIGH FIVE®. Our aquatic and camp staff receive training to promote involvement in quality programming and activities for children aged 6 to 12 years. Staff are trained in the principles of healthy child development in recreation and sports settings. Haldimand County programs include HIGH FIVE®’s essentials for high-quality programming:
Participation: fair opportunity for everyone to participate
Play: just having fun!
Mastery: learning new skills and being successful
Friends: opportunities to make and build friendships
A Caring Adult: a leader or coach who shows warmth and genuine interest in children