The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) has provided an update on their 2020 capital projects in Haldimand County. For current information on the MTO’s projects visit www.mto.gov.on.ca and current road closure, condition and construction information visit 511on.ca.
- Caledonia bypass pavement reconstruction – work is scheduled to begin on Monday, April 6 with full nightly closures of the bypass between 8 pm and 6 am. The detour route will be the same as during the recent bypass closure and the detour signage is in place. The scope of work includes the installation of center-line rumble strips on the bypass and sections of Highway 6 from Caledonia to Hagersville. The project completion date is late November.
- Highway 3 and Road 56 traffic signal installation – work on the new traffic signals is scheduled to begin on Monday, April 6. The work will involve brief single lane closures with flag persons. The project completion date is late summer.
- Ouse Street Park (downstream of Cayuga bridge) – work is scheduled to begin late spring 2020 and will take approximately two months to complete.
- Argyle Street bridge replacement – the mussel (Species at Risk) relocation is scheduled to take place in summer 2020 with work on the new bridge construction causeway to begin in fall 2020.
- Rehabilitation of three bridges on Highways 3 and 6 – work is scheduled to start in September 2020 and will involve detours on both Highway 3 and 6 between Jarvis and Hagersville. The work is expected to take one full year to complete with the detours staggered to reduce traffic impacts.