Haldimand County Administration Building
The Haldimand County Administration Building will be closed for the holidays from 3 p.m. on December 24, 2021 until January 4, 2022.
Provincial Offences Court & Administration (POA):
Provincial Offences Court & Administration will be closed for the holidays from 3 p.m. on December 24, 2021 until January 4, 2022.
If you require an extension to pay an outstanding fine, please submit an application to the POA administration office no later than Monday, December 20, 2021 to ensure that it is processed before the holidays. The extension can be found here. Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in person. Payments may be made on-line or by credit card to PayTickets.ca.
All branches of the Haldimand County Public Library will close early at 3 p.m. on December 24 and 31, 2021. Branches will be closed on December 25 and 26, 2021 and January 1, 2022. All other days will follow the regular hours of operation.
December 24 – Closed at 3 p.m.
December 25 – Closed
December 26 – Closed
December 31 – Closed at 3 p.m.
January 1 – Closed
For holiday activities and programming, visit the 2021 Holiday Activities Page.
- Wilson MacDonald Memorial School & Museum will be closed for the season on December 9, 2021. It will re-open February 21, 2022.
- Edinburgh Square Heritage and Cultural Centre will be closed from December 18, 2021 to January 4, 2022.
- The Heritage Centre shares hours of operation with the Cayuga Library & Heritage Centre. The museum exhibit area will be open during library hours, however the archives will be closed. The curator will be unavailable from December 23, 2021 to January 4, 2022 inclusive. The genealogy/archives area will be closed to the public while the curator is away. They will be available to the public by appointment only beginning January 4, 2022.
Garbage & recycling curbside collection:
Garbage and recycling curbside collection will not be delayed during the weeks of Christmas/Boxing Day or New Year’s.
Canborough Waste Management Facility
The Canborough Waste Management Facility will be closed on December 25, 2021 and January 1, 2022.
Closure-related contact information:
- For road, water, sewer or public park/facility emergencies, contact 1-888-849-7345.
- For cemetery inquiries during the Haldimand County office closure, please leave a message for Cemetery staff at 905-318-5932 ext. 6510 or via email at email@example.com. Although cemetery services will not be available on Christmas, Boxing Day or New Year’s Day, messages will be monitored during the office closure and County staff will contact you for any services that are required before offices re-open on January 4, 2022.