All County offices will be closed for the holidays from 3pm on December 24, 2019 until January 2, 2019.
P.O.A Court & Administration:
Provincial Offenses court & administration will be closed for the holidays from 3pm on December 24, 2019 until January 2, 2020.
If you require an extension to pay an outstanding fine, please submit an application to the P.O.A. administration office no later than Monday, December 16, 2019 to ensure that it is processed before the holidays. Payments may be made on-line, by credit card to PayTickets.ca.
All branches will close at 3pm on Tuesday, December 24. Branches will be closed for the full business day on December 25, 26, and January 1. From December 27-30, all branches will operate with their usual hours.
December 24 – closed at 3pm
December 25 – closed
December 26 – no programming, however, arenas will be open for rentals (dependent on sufficient bookings)
December 31 – closed at 3pm
January 1 – closed
- Wilson MacDonald Memorial School & Museum closed for the season on December 14; it will re-open February 24, 2020.
- Edinburgh Square Heritage and Cultural Centre will be closed from December 18 – January 8, 2020
- Haldimand County Museum & Archives (located within the new Cayuga Library & Heritage Centre) shares hours of operation with the Cayuga Library & Heritage Centre (see above). The museum exhibit & archives will be open, however the curator will be unavailable from December 21 to January 6 inclusive.
Garbage & recycling curbside collection:
Garbage and recycling curbside collection will be delayed by one day the weeks of December 24 & January 1.
Closure-related contact information:
- For road, water, sewer or public park/facility emergencies, contact 1-888-849-7345.
- For cemetery inquiries during the Haldimand County office closure, please leave a message for Cemetery staff at 905-318-5932 x6510 or via email at email@example.com. Although cemetery services will not be available on Christmas, Boxing Day or New Year’s Day, messages will be monitored during the office closure and County staff will contact you for any services that are required before offices re-open on January 2, 2019.