Downtown Dunnville Street Tree Installation Project
Starting the week of August 2, 2022, the County will begin work on the downtown Dunnville street tree installation project to implement the following green infrastructure upgrades:
- Removal of all existing trees, tree grates and tree guards.
- Excavation of refurbished and new planting sites in sidewalks to accept new trees.
- New concrete sidewalk panels to fill in existing, open tree pits.
- Installation of new trees, tree grates and tree guards.
The County’s contractor will undertake this project in phases with construction in each phase expected to last 2-3 weeks. Due to supply issues, the installation of the trees, tree grates and tree guards will occur in May 2023. By September 30, 2022, the County intends to have the old trees removed, underground hardware installed at each new planting location to receive the new trees and the concrete sidewalk repairs/replacement around the new tree locations completed. The new tree locations will be left filled/covered until the trees are planted. Please be aware that the timing listed below may be subject to unexpected changes or delays.
- Phase 1: Queen Street from Main Street East to Maple Street (August 2 – August 19, 2022)
- Phase 2: Lock Street East from Cedar Street to Queen Street (August 22 – September 9, 2022)
- Phase 3: Chestnut Street from Queen Street to Broad Street East (September 12 – September 23, 2022)
- Phase 4: Bridge Street from Main Street East to Queen Street (September 25 – September 30, 2022)
- Phase 5: Installation of trees, tree grates and tree guards (May 2023)
During construction, the sidewalk and roads will remain open to pedestrian and vehicle traffic. You may experience some dust, noise and sections of the sidewalk and some roadside parking stalls will be temporarily unavailable. The County’s contractor will make efforts to reduce these impacts. We appreciate your patience and co-operation as we complete this work which will inevitably have long-lasting benefits for the downtown core of Dunnville.
For further information or any questions about this project please contact the Facilities and Operations Helpdesk at (905) 318-5932 ext. 6503 or by email at email@example.com