You don’t have to go far to find delicious food in Haldimand County—restaurants within our borders take full advantage of the fresh produce growing around us to make unique and original dishes that will have you coming back for more.
Eating local has never been easier. Our Culinary Adventure Guide features restaurants serving local produce, so eat food fresh from the farm and taste the difference in dining on our local fare.
From pints on a patio, to local fruit cider and unique specialty cocktails created just for you, we have some great options to try our our Drink Tour.
Highlighted Place to Eat
Writers and bloggers rave about our restaurants and food shops. Check out some of the hot spots featured:
- Built as a hotel for travelling salesmen in 1853, Fisherville Hotel & Tavern remains a destination for tourists and travellers alike. Featured in Live Small Town Magazine (see page 54, Winter 2019 issue), this historic restaurant is a great stop for craft beer, delicious food and often live music.
- The Twisted Lemon Restaurant and Flavour Junkies offers a casual fine dining experience. Winners of Ontario Southwest’s 2017 Innovative Business of the Year, they focus on locally grown ingredients including greens from their own garden and were featured in Let’s Discover ON.
- Flyers Bakery and Cafe is an aviation-themed restaurant serving up tasty food all week long with all-day breakfast on Sunday that has been featured in Calculated Traveller’s blog and Dream Travel Magazine’s review.
- Debb’s Cuisine on Queen is known for their specialty Caesar’s that are an appetizer and drink in one. Check out this rave review from Dream Travel Magazine.
- Take a walk down memory lane when you step into Sweet Retro-Spect. This candy and sweets shop has everything you could ever want—you may find an old favourite or something new, like one of their 26 flavours of popcorn bagged in store. Read Dream Travel Magazine’s review.
- The Sunflower Cafe was recognized on a “To Eat Before You Die” list published in Canada’s National Post newspaper for it’s classic version of Carrot Cake. Don’t miss a slice!
- The Carolinian Cafe was recently featured in Hike Bike Travel for it’s picnic lunch. Take your packed lunch and latte down to the riverside park to eat.
Made in Haldimand Beverages
Craving Craft Beer? Concession Road Brewing is located in a renovated old firehall in Jarvis. This micro brewery serves a variety of craft brew that will please every palate. Staples on tap include: Air Raid IPA, Lumber Jacket Brown Ale, Fire House Blond Ale and Saison du Monde. Drop in to the taproom and see what brewing.
Bains Road Cider produces a unique and locally sourced line of ciders. By purchasing excess fruit from local farmers, harvesting fence-row fruit that would go to waste and growing their own produce, they create delicious ciders that have an extremely small environmental footprint. Available at their on-farm store by appointment or at select Farmers Markets.