No. 6 RCAF Dunnville Museum

The No. 6 RCAF Dunnville Museum pays homage to Haldimand County’s and Canada’s proud aviation history and contributions to various wartime efforts.

The former Dunnville Airport was built during World War II to house the No. 6 Service Flying Training School (SFTS) as part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan. The No. 6 SFTS officially opened on November 25, 1940, and closed December 1, 1944.

A total of 2,436 pilots from Canada, Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand and the United States trained here. Through memorabilia, photographs, vintage aircraft and equipment of the era, you’ll gain a sense of what it was like for young men to train at the No. 6 SFTS before serving in the European Theatre of World War II. The Museum features extensive displays of artifacts, vintage aircraft of the type used at the No. 6 and other training bases, a large library and a Memorial Garden than honours the men who lost their lives while training at the No. 6 SFTS.

RCAF No. 6 Dunnville Museum

Location and Contact Information

Hangar No.1 at the Dunnville Airport, 6 kilometres south of Dunnville on County Road 11.

536 Port Maitland Road Dunnville
Phone: (905) 701-7223
Email: dunnvillem@gmail.com
rcafmuseum.org

X
X
X