Election Day in Haldimand County is October 22, 2018. Visit the election page to confirm your voting eligibility, view advance polling dates, locations and times and other key details.
Election 2018 Quick Facts
• Residents – especially those who recently moved to Haldimand County – are strongly encouraged to check that they are on the Voters’ List. A Voter Registration Portal is available on the election page.
• Advance polling stations are open from October 5 – 13 and are a great way to avoid possible Election Day lineups. Assistive voting devices will be available at the Hagersville Memorial Arena, Grandview Lodge and Caledonia Lions Community Centre advance polling stations.
• Residents can vote at any advance polling station or any Election Day voting location (October 22), regardless of their ward.
• On Election Day, assistive voting devices will be available at the Cayuga Memorial Arena voting location.
• Residents who are unable to make it in person to vote may assign a proxy to vote on their behalf. Instructions and proxy assignment forms are available on the County’s election page.
• In order to cast a ballot, residents must provide 1 piece of identification listing their name and qualifying address (e.g: driver’s license, utility bill, mortgage statement, etc). A list of acceptable ID is available on the election page. As passports are not issued with addresses, they will not be accepted as ID.
For further information about Haldimand County’s 2018 Municipal Election, visit haldimandcounty.on.ca/election or contact the Clerks office.