On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 Haldimand County will host its annual Business Excellence Awards breakfast. The Mayor and Council invite residents, local business owners, representatives from Chambers of Commerce, Business Improvement Areas, and business organizations across the county to submit nominations recognizing outstanding local business achievements in 2019.
Nominations for outstanding business achievements are now being accepted in the following categories:
- Agri-business Award – Recognizes a business that is connected to the agricultural sector or the supply chain;
- Business Award – Presented to 2 businesses that can demonstrate growth, excellence and innovation. Awarded to one company with more than 10 employees and one company with 10 employees or less;
- Tourism Business Award – Recognizes businesses that provide tourism experiences and promote Haldimand County as a tourism destination;
- Real Potential Award – Recognizes outstanding young entrepreneurs and new businesses that have been in business for under 3 years;
- Not–for-Profit Award – Recognizes outstanding leadership and organizational excellence in a registered not-for-profit or charity.
“The Business Excellence Awards are an opportunity to recognize the outstanding achievements and the positive growth made by businesses in our community.” explained Lidy Romanuk, Manager of Haldimand County’s Economic Development and Tourism Division.
Individuals or organizations interested in nominating a local business are invited to do so by February 14, 2020. Nomination forms and award guidelines can be picked up at all Haldimand County offices, libraries or accessed online at BusinessHaldimand.ca. For more information please call 905-318-5932 ext. 6331.