Accessible Customer Service Standard
The Accessible Customer Service Standard, Ontario Regulation 429/07, is the first accessibility standard to be adopted under the authority of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
The Ontario law came into force on January 1, 2008, and states what the public and private sectors in Ontario must do to make the provision of their goods and services more accessible to people with disabilities.
Availability of Documents required under the Customer Service Standard
Haldimand County will provide any person with a copy of the document(s) required under the Accessible Customer Service Standard, Ontario Regulation 429/07 upon request.
This document includes Haldimand County’s policy on:
- Assistive devices (page 4 of the policy)
- Customer feedback process (page 6 of policy)
- Notice of temporary disruptions (page 5 of policy)
- Provision of documents in alternative formats (page 6 of policy)
- Training (page 5 of policy)
- The use of service animals and support persons (page 4 of policy)
Notices of Disruptions of Service
Haldimand County provides notice to the public when temporary disruptions occur in its facilities or in its services. Any disruptions in services and facilities will be displayed on the Haldimand County homepage under the Public Announcements section.